COVID-19 patients can have mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath. We are still learning how COVID-19 can present in different ways. Right now, prevention is best medicine.
Appointments and changes are happing frequently, please keep checking this page for daily for changes.
How We Are Handling COVID-19
Our partners, providers and leadership team is working hard on several procedures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and team members.
- Effective immediately we will be using a Virtual Waiting Room for appointments.
- Call us to make new Telehealth appointments.
- We are screening everybody who enters our office for risk factors of COVID exposure.
- Visitor restrictions – We ask that there are no more than 2 adults per visit with the child.
- Our offices are professionally cleaned by a company that is certified to clean medical offices exposed to SARS-Co-V-2.
We Are Here to Help You
Many times we can talk over the phone and help prevent you from needing to come into the office. Unless you feel like your child is in distress, please call us before taking your child to the urgent care or emergency room.
Current Appointment Scheduling:
- Well check and sick appointments are available to schedule anytime of day, and are being separated by Provider.
- Face coverings are required at all times in our office for ages 2 and up. Please bring a face covering to your appointment.
Telehealth is Here
We are excited to offer this new innovative process that will allow our team, patients and their families to be home and safe from exposure! Please call our office at 816-412-2900 to learn more about getting a Telehealth appointment.
- We will currently be offering these services for most appointment types. This includes all mental health appointments (Dr. Brown, Dr. Lopez, Beth Belcher and Bethany Althoff)
- New patient appointments can not be done via Telehealth
- At this time this does NOT include well check appointments
- You will be asked to set up a portal account if you do not already have one
- The visit includes the patient and parent/guardian speaking with the provider via video chat
- You must have access to a camera for video chat through either your phone or computer
- The patient MUST be present for the visit
- Controlled substance prescriptions will have to be picked up in office
- Not all medications can be prescribed via Telehealth
Virtual Waiting Room
If you have an appointment please sign in using our Virtual Waiting Room process. Once you arrive for your appointment please call the number below for the location of your appointment and one of our team members will instruct you further. The goal is to have you wait in your car, and not the waiting room until the nurse is ready for you!
These direct lines are for virtual waiting room use only. Please call 816-412-2900 for all other purposes.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
Our phone lines are open at 7:30am Monday through Saturday until the close of business that day.
9405 N. Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64155